Tuesday, October 16, 2007

a new day

today i broke up with my girlfriend. a girl named hali, whom i've been seeing for about the past month and who has treated me absolutely wonderfully.
i, however, can't say the same of myself. i hold myself up to a relationship standard, always have. this time around, i am also dealing with my life with a full-time job as a first-year teacher. the work never ends for this job, and i feel the effects day in and day out. and one area of my life is dragging the other down. so, i had to make some choices. and that's how i got to where i am.
also today, we had an assembly at school based on the life of rachel joy scott. she challenged people to make a difference from day to day, to keep a journal, and to appreciate the people in your lives whom you love the most and whom you will always keep close to you. during this part of the presentation, the presentor asked the audience to close their eyes and picture the 4 or 5 people in your lives who absolutely mean the most to you day in and day out. each one of these people for me was a member of my family. no one else was really in this category right now.
family is #1 for me, and right now, work is a close second. i dedicate almost all of my day, my waking hours, to school and my students, and it is not easy. but, as i will keep saying, and have already said, "the ends justify the means."

No comments: