Monday, February 4, 2008

Yes, We Can

This is in response to the "Yes, We Can" Barack Obama speech and subsequent music video that was released by Will.I.Am.

I don't usually extend my political views on too many people, or on a scale of people outside a few close friends, but this video compelled me.

I think we need an inspiration to be the leader of this country. I think we should take the values of past uniters--Martin Luther King, John F. Kennedy--and together rally around a candidate who wants to rejoin the country back to the United States of America that our Founding Fathers envisioned, not the Divided States of Red and Blue that our Confounded Brothers and Sisters have incited through corrupt, immoral acts that are degrading our society.

Other countries may destroy each other through bombings and other forms of selfless dehumanizing acts, but we are destroying each other by not looking out for one another in an economical, environmental and moral sense like we should.

Barack Obama inspires the hope in me that it is possible to change a nation for the better, to change a people for the better, to unite US into a state where WE are all proud to be one, all of us as Americans.

I'm going to end this by referring to a true crusader of a united people, Martin Luther King, who I see echoed in Senator Obama's rhetoric, something the latter has been getting criticized on lately. And it is not until after it was too late that we as a country united around the rhetoric of the former, who said: "The world is all messed up. The nation is sick. Trouble is in the land. Confusion all around...But I know, somehow, that only when it is dark enough, can you see the stars."

The time is now to unite around a star whose rhetoric and beliefs are enough to enlighten a country that has been in the dark for way too long. The light begins with Barack Obama.

No comments: