Monday, March 2, 2009

Response to "The Icy Pall"

It's a blizzard outside. It's March 2nd, and there are eight inches of snow piling up outside my window. The frost is adorning all the windows on cars and houses. The temperature is below freezing and everywhere I go, I feel cold. But this time, during this storm, there is a warmth inside me that melts the snow that surrounds me, that defrosts the frost on the windows. Because I have a warm feeling, and I have had this feeling ever since the last icy pall that overtook my veins in January. She is a beautiful defroster, a lovely ice melter, a luminous snow plow.

So this time, during this blizzard, the cold temperatures are not freezing my insides as much, and my blood is not frozen, all because my heart is pumping even more vigorously with this feeling of warmth contained inside me, the feeling of warmth that she has given me during this cold winter.

No comments: