Saturday, March 14, 2009

sitting on the floor, meditating

sitting on the floor legs crossed breathing in and out the airs of the fumigated scented candle in and out of my lungs I feel awake I feel illuminated I breathe. I say in and out I am the master of myself I am the master of myself I am in control in and out I breathe. my hand up and out I stretch down towards the candle relax my diaphragm I breathe. in and out. a realization I need to go on a spirit journey in and out. I breathe. the scent billows up into my nostrils I take a long breath pause let it linger feel the asphyxiation then release in and out. I am the master of the situation on a pillow on the floor the light of the candle illuminating the shaded figures of my room. are you out there? I am calling to my soul. I feel in and out with every breath that I need to make my soul happy, so I call out, are you there? I need to make you happy and the response is the flickering of the candlelight and it wavers and I squint to see it straight but it flutters and it is just ebb and flow and I don’t know if it’s there. my soul. and is it happy? it flickers. in and out I breathe. in and hold it, and out, and so is my light.

No comments: