Tuesday, March 6, 2007

The Click

Lately in student-teaching, I have been working my ass off. Some people might ask why (and they have). And I can never give them a great response. I'm just a hardworker, I always manage to say. And that is true. But it's something more than that. I know the end game; I can see it. I've had a click recently, and not just the one that Tennesse Williams tends to talk about. I want to be a teacher because I truly like kids, and I like the art of teaching someone something, especially something that I am fascinated with, something I love.

Now student teaching isn't always "all that and a bag of chips." I never really knew what that saying meant or where it really came from. A quick google search of the origin of the saying "all that and a bag of chips" comes up relatively short. With only links to Urban Dictionary and this quiz, which I failed to answer, the first question being "Are older men attracted to you?".

I guess, in that case, I'm neither all that nor a bag of chips. Damn.

But anyway, teaching certainly has its drawbacks. It eats up your time like that bag of chips that I can now eat without fear of being labeled a type of cannibal. I guess for now, I'll press on and keep working hard, so that the payoff is high and I can enjoy what I'm doing, sitting in my comfortable recliner, watching my life unfold before me, with nothing on my lap but the remote control and, oh yeah, what about a bag of chips?

3 comments:

Ghanima Uriza said...

I work as a teacher as well... why do you think most teachers hate their jobs?

Anonymous said...

I feel like I've had a click recently, too. I feel it happen when I hear a student say "thank you." That always makes my day.

Ghanima Uriza said...

oh, to find you I just clicked the "next blog" button :)


maybe what you say is true... I teach primary school children from underprivileged areas. Someimes it's not easy to relate to them, but when it comes to young kids you have no choice... you either relate to them or won't be able to work