Sunday, March 25, 2007

A Picture Lines Each Sidewalk

I just went on a run through an empty campus since just about everyone else that goes to the University of Delaware is on spring break right now but me and my fellow student teachers.

But that's not what I want to focus on in this post. When I wrote the words "empty campus" I had an image of something else come to mind, that of an empty canvas. I was thinking that, as I am running, my shadow runs along side of me, covering the side upon which I walk, the ground upon which I tread. My shadow, alongside me, paints a picture of the places I go, a picture of myself that I too can see, along with everybody else with whom I surround myself.

Everywhere you go, you are painting a picture with the steps you make, upon the empty canvas of your world. Look to your shadow as a your mirror image, a brushstroke to guide you along as you paint your masterpiece, your life as it should be lived.

No comments: