Thursday, October 21, 2010

Subtitulo

I am constantly amazed, and I know I have written about this before but I just keep getting the feeling, by music corresponding to a specific time and place in my life.

Right now I am listening to Subtitulo by Josh Rouse, which takes me back to junior year of college. It was a beautiful fall day--one of the last 70 degree days--and I had gotten done observing at Glasgow High School, so I had some time left in my day to kill. I hopped on I-95 South and drove to Susquehanna State Park in Maryland, traversing the trails alone, stepping over orange, red, yellow and brown leaves, watching the water flow southward into the Chesapeake Bay watershed.

After a brief stop in nearby town Havre-de-Grace, I was making my way back towards campus and home in Newark, Delaware. But I decided to take backroads: routes 272 and 273, long country roads through Maryland and eventually Delaware, all the while driving 70 miles per hour with the windows down, blaring Rouse's newly released masterpiece. As Rouse sings, "It looks like love is gonna find a way, a way, a way..."

No comments: